We read over a thousand of your stories over the past 3 months that detailed the hardships, challenges, and struggles that many of you have endured and are still facing. Your tales of persistence, grit, determination, faith, and resilience were exceptionally inspiring to us all.
We would like to congratulate the following authors for their remarkable essays, which landed them at the top of the list and earned them prizes:
- 1st: "The Snowflake and the Sun", by Hannah Vuozzo
- 2nd: "Voices and Real Monsters", by Jan Keneen
- 3rd: "Prehysteric Brain", by Becky Hansen
- Honorable Mention: "From War Zone to the World", by Abdul Basir Talayee
- Honorable Mention: "For My Brother", by Hannah Kay
We would also like to mention and congratulate the following five essays for earning 6th to 10th place:
- 6th: "We Began as Strangers", by Olivia Langford
- 7th: "The Hater and the Madman", by Mike Munsil
- 8th: "Oak Within the Acorn", by Mila Lana
- 9th: "Born Worrier or Warrior", by Claire Hool
- 10th: "Things I Learned After My Body Shut Down", by Alina Theresa Vetter
Thank you to everyone that participated!
You may want to see 2019-2020 Essay Contest Shortlist Top 60.